SAFTEY RULES & REGULATIONS
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHOLE BODY CRYOTHERAPY:
- You must wear cotton or wool socks and gloves provided by Evolve Fitness Studio, (and underwear in men) to avoid chilblain.
- Treatments are limited to 3 minutes per session. Overexposure to the cold temperatures may cause chilblain;
- During treatment, you must avoid inhaling the nitrogen fumes; while non-‐toxic, they are devoid of oxygen and may cause fainting;
- You may notify the attendant to end the procedure at any time if you experience any problems or anxiety;
- Abnormal skin sensitivity to cold may be caused by certain foods, cosmetics, or medication, including but not limited to the following: Tranquilizers, High blood pressure medication;
- A person who is less than (18) years of age may not use whole body cryotherapy without parental consent;
- Do not touch any objects in the cryotherapy tube with your unprotected skin.
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO USING WHOLE BODY CRYOTHERAPY:
Pregnancy, severe Hypertension (BP> 150/90), acute or recent myocardial infarction, unstable angina pectoris, arrhythmia, symptomatic cardiovascular disease, cardiac pacemaker, peripheral arterial occlusive disease, venous thrombosis, acute or recent cerebrovascular accident, uncontrolled seizures, Raynaud’s Syndrome, cold, fever, tumor disease, symptomatic lung disorders, bleeding disorders, severe anemia, infection, claustrophobia, cold allergy, age less than 18 years (parental consent to treatment needed), acute kidney and urinary tract diseases., cold-‐induced asthma, open wound or sore (including teeth abscesses, hyperthyroidism, acute respiratory disease peripheral arterial disease (Fontaine Stages III & IV ), bacterial and viral skin infections, under the influence of drugs or alcohol, Heart attack which dates less than 6 months, Polyneuropathy, low white blood cell count.
RISKS OF WHOLE BODY CRYOTHERAPY:
Initial Fluctuations in blood pressure (due to peripheral vasoconstriction, blood pressure may briefly increase by up to 10 points systolically during treatment. This effect should reverse after the end of the procedure, as peripheral circulation returns to normal), allergic reaction to extreme cold (rare), claustrophobia, anxiety, frost bites, activation of some viral conditions (cold sores) etc. due to stimulation of the immune system or any unforeseen, known, or unknown risks.
CONTRAINDICATIONS TO USING PNEUMATIC COMPRESSION:
Acute pulmonary edema, acute thrombophlebitis, acute congestive cardiac failure, acute infections, Deep Vein Thrombosis, episodes of pulmonary embolism, wounds, lesions or tumor at or in the vicinity of application, where increased venous and lymphatic return is undesirable, bone fractures or dislocations at or in the vicinity of application.